While I look for that new job (see below), I’m available for IT consulting gigs.
Not every NPO has a full-time IT Director, and outsourced services can provide some guidance, but many of them aren’t focused on the particular needs of nonprofits. I’ve had considerable experience running IT Departments, consulting and advising NPOs, and developing strategies for maximizing the impact of technology in resource-constrained environments. This gives me a unique skill set for providing mission-focused guidance on these types of questions:
- What should IT look like in my organization? In-house or outsourced, or a mix? Where should It report in? How much staff and budget is required in order to get the desired outcomes?
- What type of technology do we need? In-house or cloud-based? How well does what we have serve our mission, and how would we replace it?
- We’re embarking on a new systems or database project (fundraising/CRM, HR/finance, e-commerce, outcomes measurement/ client tracking, virtualization, VOIP phones – you name it). How can we insure that the project will be technologically sound and sustainable, while meeting our strategic needs?
The services and deliverables that I can offer include:
- Strategic plans
- Staffing plans
- Immediate consulting and/or project management on current projects
- Acting CIO/Director status to help put things in order
If you want some tactical guidance in these areas, please get in touch.